In Episode #202, Eric and Neil discuss how to grow your business with YouTube in 2017. Tune in to learn what type of videos attract a larger audience and how to get the most out of your videos through collaborating with others and repurposing your content across many different platforms.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Grow Your Business with YouTube in 2017
- 00:35 – YouTube is the number 2 search engine in the world and is owned by Google
- 00:50 – First, go live on YouTube
- 01:05 – Use Wirecast or ScreenFlow for Mac to stream simultaneously on other platforms
- 01:39 – Second, create educational videos
- 01:51 – Neil shares what he does when goes to the studio and records
- 02:09 – The video clips pop out in Facebook and encourages a following
- 02:14 – Educational or tutorial videos work for corporate brands as well
- 02:50 – You can convert people into customers
- 03:00 – Repurpose your video
- 03:11 – Chop up your video and add catchy titles and captions
- 03:35 – Ryan Moran of Freedom Fast Lane is a good example of this
- 03:56 – If you’re doing ads, re-target them
- 04:28 – Make sure you connect your YouTube with AdWords account and Google Analytics account
- 04:43 – Retargeting has been effective for Neil
- 05:15 – The videos must answer all the objections the people have
- 05:37 – Create a pre-roll video that you can put in front of your other YouTube videos
- 06:04 – TubeBuddy and VidIQ will allow you to peek at your competitors’ statistics
- 06:29 – There’s also suggested tags that help your videos rank
- 06:47 – Check Appsumo for the price
- 06:57 – Collaborating with people in your niche can grow your network
- 07:09 – You can cross-promote each other
- 07:20 – Leverage YouTube by promoting it through your other platforms
- 07:41 – This will give you more subscribers leading to more revenue
- 07:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Educational videos or tutorials attract more subscribers which can further generate more revenue.
- Repurposing is a good way to take your content even further.
- Leverage Youtube by promoting it across your other platforms.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....