In episode #726, Eric and Neill discuss ways to grow your marketing through partnerships. Tune in to hear what makes a great partnership.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Grow Your Marketing Through Partnerships
- [00:40] Partnerships can be collaborating with SEO software and doing joint webinars or doing an affiliate partnership.
- [01:06] Neil thinks a partnership means a win-win, where everyone benefits from the collaboration.
- [01:33] When doing collabs, if what you are promoting for the partner doesn’t meet your audience’s needs or interests, nothing will come of this joint venture.
- [02:01] Neil has over 100,000 YouTube subscribers. If someone who wanted to partner with him only had 2000, he would decline.
- [02:22] If you have a small amount of followers, you need to up the ante to make it worth your partner’s while (payment, etc.).
- [03:00] However, most partnerships will not be equal.
- [03:15] Figure out what you can leverage and how the partnership would be beneficial.
- [03:40] Joint webinars are a great way to partner up with other companies and people.
- [04:15] Virtual conferences have hit Neil up for email blasts, but he didn’t do it, because the numbers didn’t move him.
- [05:00] Neil and Eric both do partnerships.
- [05:34] When Eric was at Treehouse, to get started, they made a partnerships page.
- [05:50] Neil thinks when you’re starting out, bundling is a great way to create a mutually beneficial partnership.
- [06:18] Use AppSumo, which is a place that runs promotions or offers.
- [06:38] Be careful with AppSumo, though: they take a percentage from what you make.
- [07:06] That’s all for today!
- [07:08] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....