How To Grow Your Search Traffic Predictably
In episode #1670, we give you the best strategies for growing your SEO traffic. Social media platforms offer instant gratification if you make a post that goes viral, whereas the project of growing SEO traffic is a slow slog. If you are willing to put in the time and be consistent though, you will see amazing compounding effects over time. Tune in to learn about creating content around top keywords in your niche, building links to your blog, how to divide your time between the two, and more.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How To Grow Your Search Traffic Predictably
- [00:44] Strategies Eric implemented to grow traffic on the Single Grain website.
- [01:08] Increase the frequency of content publishing.
- [01:14] Link-building strategies like posting guest content on other blogs.
- [01:36] Being consistent and experiencing compounding effects over time.
- [02:08] Neil’s process for building traffic.
- [02:15] Find the keywords your competitors rank for that you don’t.
- [02:50] Crank out content on the terms that you don’t rank for.
- [03:06] Find your declining articles and update them.
- [04:00] Focus more on serving your audience than algorithm updates.
- [04:20] SEO is a slow slog compared to the quick fix of social media platforms.
- [04:50] How Neil divides his team between creating new content and updates.
- [05:19] That’s it for today!
- [05:20] Go to marketingschool.io/pro to start your free trial in our marketing community.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...