In episode #603, Eric and Neil discuss ways you should emulate HubSpot. Tune in to hear the ways in which HubSpot is successfully converting people into customers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Growth Hack Your Company by Copying Hubspot
- [00:35] Eric had one of the HubSpot VP’s, David Cancil, who is now the CEO of Drift, on Growth Everywhere.
- [00:47] David said that Hubspot got a lot of its clients/sales from it website grader tool.
- [01:04] When it comes to software, you want to give away something everyone wants.
- [01:18] Even if you release a cheaper version of coveted software and give it away for free, you will get a lot more traffic.
- [01:43] You can even apply this to physical products.
- [02:10] “Marketing is a race to the bottom.” -Neil
- [02:25] Neil bought and re-launched UberSuggest; did little to no marketing; and offered free versions of his competitors apps or software.
- [02:50] Russell Brunson offered a free book for which you only had to pay shipping.
- [03:15] Outgrow is a great free tool you can use and customize to suit your needs.
- [03:35] Lead Quizzes and the book Ask help you figure out what kind of questions you should be asking your customers.
- [04:10] Quizzes aren’t effective unless the product is relevant to the result of the quiz.
- [05:05] Hubspot personalizes the site to each visitor and welcomes you back by name.
- [05:24] Personalizing the experience will help conversion rates.
- [05:35] Amazon is also good at personalizing their experience.
- [06:05] You can easily use Upwork or CodePen or Top Down to hire workers/developers.
- [06:35] Product tools are the best way to market.
- [07:15] That’s all for today!
- [07:18] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2143, Neil and Eric unpack how big tech companies are laying people off right now and whether it’s a sign of things to come. Tuning in you’ll learn about the companies that are current...
In episode #2142, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire content creators (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) Influencer prices have gone up by staggering amounts and you may not be able to afford the on...
In episode #2141, Neil and Eric talk about their weird habits that triple productivity. Learn why Neil doesn’t go to bed without having read all his emails, even if he’s traveling, and why he does...