In episode #953, we discuss how to hire a VP of Growth. Tune in to hear how you should approach this type of hire.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Hire a VP of Growth
- [00:31] A VP of Growth is the person responsible for making your numbers go up. That could mean anything, really. They use whatever knowledge they have to increase all your numbers.
- [01:15] Ask for referrals.
- [01:30] Neil recommends researching your competitors and who their growth people are.
- [01:55] Shoot the growth people messages and introduce yourself.
- [02:10] Then ask these people for referrals (this may even include them).
- [03:40] Ask potential hires what they would do to grow your business and achieve your goals. This will help you understand their thought process and abilities.
- [04:40] Eric’s friend hired two growth people based on Eric’s recommendation.
- [05:50] That’s it for today!
- [05:57] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...