In episode #953, we discuss how to hire a VP of Growth. Tune in to hear how you should approach this type of hire.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Hire a VP of Growth
- [00:31] A VP of Growth is the person responsible for making your numbers go up. That could mean anything, really. They use whatever knowledge they have to increase all your numbers.
- [01:15] Ask for referrals.
- [01:30] Neil recommends researching your competitors and who their growth people are.
- [01:55] Shoot the growth people messages and introduce yourself.
- [02:10] Then ask these people for referrals (this may even include them).
- [03:40] Ask potential hires what they would do to grow your business and achieve your goals. This will help you understand their thought process and abilities.
- [04:40] Eric’s friend hired two growth people based on Eric’s recommendation.
- [05:50] That’s it for today!
- [05:57] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...