In episode #953, we discuss how to hire a VP of Growth. Tune in to hear how you should approach this type of hire.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Hire a VP of Growth
- [00:31] A VP of Growth is the person responsible for making your numbers go up. That could mean anything, really. They use whatever knowledge they have to increase all your numbers.
- [01:15] Ask for referrals.
- [01:30] Neil recommends researching your competitors and who their growth people are.
- [01:55] Shoot the growth people messages and introduce yourself.
- [02:10] Then ask these people for referrals (this may even include them).
- [03:40] Ask potential hires what they would do to grow your business and achieve your goals. This will help you understand their thought process and abilities.
- [04:40] Eric’s friend hired two growth people based on Eric’s recommendation.
- [05:50] That’s it for today!
- [05:57] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1145, we share 7 creative ways to get more links to your business. From tools and broken links to websites that you can buy and merge your data into, we cover a ton of ways you can stimula...
In episode #1144, we unpack the recent collaborative study on organic click-through rates. This study, conducted by Backlinko and Marketing School, shows findings from over 5 millions Google search re...
In episode #1143, we help you think about how to pick the ideal price! We cover customized pricing models, calculators, pricing according to value, adjusting prices over time, and more! Tune in to hea...