In Episode #191, Eric and Neil discuss how to hire an SEO agency. What questions should you ask? What are great signs that prove the agency is and will be successful? Tune in to learn how to investigate a great SEO agency and why it’s worth doing your due diligence before you make that hire.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Hire an SEO Agency
- 00:46 – Always look at referrals
- 01:11 – A referral is the first line of offense and defense
- 01:25 – Look at the previous work of the SEO agency
- 01:50 – Before hiring an agency, ask them the changes they’d make to your website
- 02:02 – You can also ask what’s wrong with your website and how much traffic they can generate for you
- 02:40 – Ask the agency their process:
- 02:48 – Each agency is different
- 03:35 – Look at organic traffic and organic conversion
- 04:00 – There should be alignment from the get go
- 04:07 – Ask the agency to explain their expertise
- 04:50 – See what tools the agency uses internally
- 05:00 – Ahrefs and Keyword.io are good examples
- 05:35 – Check for references
- 06:15 – Ask the agency for their rankings and results for their own website
- 06:30 – Some agencies don’t rank well
- 07:06 – If they can rank their own website, there’s a greater chance that they can rank you
- 07:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Referrals are a great way to see how the SEO agency has performed in the past.
- If an SEO agency can rank their own website well, chances are they can do it for you, too.
- Do your due diligence with the agency you’re about to hire – you’ll be working with them for quite some time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...