In episode #766, Eric and Neil discuss how to hire solid SEOs. Tune in to hear how you find great SEOs that don’t suck.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Hire Full-Time SEOs That Don’t Suck
- [00:35] Don’t just believe the resume.
- [01:00] The real test is to see what changes they would make to your website and if they can implement specific changes.
- [01:40] Test them out on a temp basis before you hire full-time.
- [02:05] Good SEOs have “burnt” their own websites.
- [03:10] The more seasoned you are with running experiments, the better a hire you will be.
- [03:35] Ask potential hires about their weaknesses and really get into the nitty gritty.
- [04:05] Make sure they know how to modify basic HTML code.
- [04:23] You want people who can take action.
- [04:32] Go to the Marketing School website and find our post about SEO interview questions.
- [04:40] Check out the potential hire’s website.
- [04:59] That’s all for today!
- [05:01] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2473, we talk about where consumer confidence sits right now. The global economy has had to adapt to some pretty major events over the past three years, from a worldwide pandemic to the wa...
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...