In episode #766, Eric and Neil discuss how to hire solid SEOs. Tune in to hear how you find great SEOs that don’t suck.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Hire Full-Time SEOs That Don’t Suck
- [00:35] Don’t just believe the resume.
- [01:00] The real test is to see what changes they would make to your website and if they can implement specific changes.
- [01:40] Test them out on a temp basis before you hire full-time.
- [02:05] Good SEOs have “burnt” their own websites.
- [03:10] The more seasoned you are with running experiments, the better a hire you will be.
- [03:35] Ask potential hires about their weaknesses and really get into the nitty gritty.
- [04:05] Make sure they know how to modify basic HTML code.
- [04:23] You want people who can take action.
- [04:32] Go to the Marketing School website and find our post about SEO interview questions.
- [04:40] Check out the potential hire’s website.
- [04:59] That’s all for today!
- [05:01] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...