In Episode #156, Eric and Neil discuss a valuable opportunity that is worth considering for your team and business—hiring marketing interns. Listen as they reveal the benefits of hiring interns, tips and tools that can make the hiring process easy, and factors you should consider while looking for the next best fit for the company.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Hire Marketing Interns
- 00:40 – “The people that are really hungry [to learn]; sometimes, they end up being the best hires”
- 00:43 – Having a long-term internship program will be good for a business
- 01:03 – Use Craigslist or a tool called Workable to keep your hiring process simple
- 01:10 – First, create a good job description
- 01:19 – Eric uses Spark Hire, which allows video interviewing
- 02:38 – Neil uses Elevation Scholars to offer marketing scholarships
- 03:17 – Neil lists his requirements for the marketing scholarships he offers
- 04:59 – Neil pays for their interns’ services
- 05:15 – Take your interns to training
- 05:34 – Help them grow and pay them at the same time
- 06:11 – Make sure there is a “light” in your program
- 06:28 – Constantly give your feedback
- 06:46 – Target websites about career change to promote your search
- 07:26 – Use 15Five to setup automated feedback for your interns
- 08:08 – Be supportive to your team
- 08:17 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- No need to reinvent the wheel—use the online tools available to you for your hiring and selection process.
- Do NOT focus solely on talent alone, consider the person’s character too.
- Give training and constant feedback—interns need your direction.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....