In episode #751, Eric and Neil discuss how to properly hire interns. Tune in to hear tips on making the most of internships.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Hire Marketing Interns
- [00:45] Interns are awesome because they aren’t jaded and are basically blank slates.
- [00:55] They are often quick learners and you can train them to have a future in your company.
- [01:35] Eric had an intern that didn’t have a college degree, but he is one of their best employees now.
- [01:55] You never know where good talent will come from.
- [02:05] One intern earned his spot at Singlegrain by writing an 800-word blog post about what he would do to improve the site.
- [02:18] Eric pays his interns.
- [02:25] AngelList has been a great resource for finding interns.
- [02:36] Neil goes to colleges directly.
- [02:48] The schools help with recruiting.
- [03:10] As your potential interns what they are looking for in a career.
- [03:25] Don’t make false promises.
- [03:45] Don’t string interns along with the hopes of getting a full-time job, if that won’t be an option.
- [04:40] Sometimes, Eric teaches at USC, which gives him a great opportunity to find interns.
- [05:05] Ask your interns to do an assignment, like a video to show off their skills.
- [05:40] Make the internship mutually beneficial, so the interns get as much out of their position as you do.
- [05:58] That’s all for today!
- [06:02] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...