In episode #751, Eric and Neil discuss how to properly hire interns. Tune in to hear tips on making the most of internships.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Hire Marketing Interns
- [00:45] Interns are awesome because they aren’t jaded and are basically blank slates.
- [00:55] They are often quick learners and you can train them to have a future in your company.
- [01:35] Eric had an intern that didn’t have a college degree, but he is one of their best employees now.
- [01:55] You never know where good talent will come from.
- [02:05] One intern earned his spot at Singlegrain by writing an 800-word blog post about what he would do to improve the site.
- [02:18] Eric pays his interns.
- [02:25] AngelList has been a great resource for finding interns.
- [02:36] Neil goes to colleges directly.
- [02:48] The schools help with recruiting.
- [03:10] As your potential interns what they are looking for in a career.
- [03:25] Don’t make false promises.
- [03:45] Don’t string interns along with the hopes of getting a full-time job, if that won’t be an option.
- [04:40] Sometimes, Eric teaches at USC, which gives him a great opportunity to find interns.
- [05:05] Ask your interns to do an assignment, like a video to show off their skills.
- [05:40] Make the internship mutually beneficial, so the interns get as much out of their position as you do.
- [05:58] That’s all for today!
- [06:02] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...