In Episode #417, Eric and Neil discuss how to identify evergreen content opportunities. Tune in to learn how you can gain new ideas regarding the evergreen content you should be writing about and why it will help you maintain (or GAIN) traffic for years to come.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Identify Evergreen Content Opportunities
- 00:40 – The easiest way to identify evergreen content is by looking at your competitors
- 00:44 – Use Ahrefs to know where your competitors’ search traffic is coming from
- 01:12 – You don’t want to publish news-oriented content
- 01:30 – Content in digital and online marketing is considered evergreen content
- 01:35 – HubSpot has a lot of evergreen content
- 01:45 – Evergreen is something that can stand the test of time
- 02:09 – BuzzSumo can help you see evergreen content
- 02:24 – Writing about evergreen topics is what gains traffic
- 02:33 – If your Google Analytics and Google Search Console are hitched together, go to the Search Console to see which keywords are ranking
- 02:51 – Then, you can figure out which content to write around those keywords
- 03:13 – If you’re writing evergreen content, update it once a year so it will consistently gain traffic
- 03:43 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:55 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Leverage tools to find out the kind of evergreen content that is gaining traffic for your competitors and create a content related to those topics.
- Evergreen content will stand the test of time as it remains to be relevant.
- Make use of the keywords that are ranking for your content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...