In Episode #417, Eric and Neil discuss how to identify evergreen content opportunities. Tune in to learn how you can gain new ideas regarding the evergreen content you should be writing about and why it will help you maintain (or GAIN) traffic for years to come.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Identify Evergreen Content Opportunities
- 00:40 – The easiest way to identify evergreen content is by looking at your competitors
- 00:44 – Use Ahrefs to know where your competitors’ search traffic is coming from
- 01:12 – You don’t want to publish news-oriented content
- 01:30 – Content in digital and online marketing is considered evergreen content
- 01:35 – HubSpot has a lot of evergreen content
- 01:45 – Evergreen is something that can stand the test of time
- 02:09 – BuzzSumo can help you see evergreen content
- 02:24 – Writing about evergreen topics is what gains traffic
- 02:33 – If your Google Analytics and Google Search Console are hitched together, go to the Search Console to see which keywords are ranking
- 02:51 – Then, you can figure out which content to write around those keywords
- 03:13 – If you’re writing evergreen content, update it once a year so it will consistently gain traffic
- 03:43 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:55 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Leverage tools to find out the kind of evergreen content that is gaining traffic for your competitors and create a content related to those topics.
- Evergreen content will stand the test of time as it remains to be relevant.
- Make use of the keywords that are ranking for your content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1398 we give you seven unique blog post angles that drive a flood of traffic. From creating visualizations of other popular posts to hosting expert interviews and documenting how you solve...
In episode #1397, we talk about seven simple ways to save money on your marketing! Almost everyone is looking to cut costs at the moment and your marketing budget should be no different. Tune in to he...
In episode #1396, we talk about where the good investment opportunities are right now. In the middle of the current pandemic, the only safe action would be putting some money into the stock market, ev...