In Episode #131, Neil and Eric discuss how to improve your mobile conversions. Listen to know how you can optimize your mobile conversions and what to expect in Google’s upcoming changes for 2017.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Improve Your Mobile Conversions
- 00:32 – Google has changed things; they now have mobile index
- 00:52 – A description of how mobile pop-ups work
- 01:09 – Neil doesn’t use mobile pop ups and explains why
- 02:05 – “Optimize for conversions through the flow”
- 02:48 – Breakdown steps and forms
- 03:08 – There will be an interstitial update on pop ups in 2017
- 03:27 – Convertflow can show different offers to people
- 04:36 – Different conversion rates for people who already opted in
- 05:01 – Neil integrates CTAs in his blog posts
- 05:48 – Single Grain has an “opt-in” bar at the bottom of their mobile page
- 06:10 – Make sure your pop ups don’t take most of the screen
- 06:31 – Search Google interstitial penalty
- 06:38 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Pop ups may not be a good option for mobile because of the small screen size.
- If you break up your content into smaller, shorter pages on mobile, you tend to convert more.
- Read about the changes Google is making to guide your 2017 website plans.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...