In Episode #293, Eric and Neil discuss how to improve your net promoter score. Do you know the level of satisfaction of your current customers? If not, you need to get on this and start listening to your feedback. Tune in to learn the importance of understanding and maintaining your net promoter score and why having a score of 9-10 can be extremely beneficial for you and your business.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Improve Your Net Promoter Score
- 00:35 – A net promoter score expresses how much people like your company or brand
- 00:47 – One of the basic questions to assess this: how likely are you to recommend us to somebody else or another customer?
- 01:13 – The goal of 60 means you’re doing a great job
- 01:20 – Eric recommends Google’s net promoter score
- 01:23 – It has a scale of 1-10
- 01:39 – To improve your net promoter score, you have to look at the feedback, first
- 01:48 – Ask if there’s anything else they would like to add
- 02:10 – Eric had a detractor in the past who told them the account manager needed more supervision and they were right
- 02:42 – Eric fixed the problem and took the feedback seriously
- 03:00 – Qualaroo, Wootric and Promoter help you track your net promoter score
- 03:19 – Most people in marketing think about how they can bring in new customers rather than taking care of their existing customers
- 03:40 – Majority of the big companies take care of their customers and their customers love them
- 03:51 – The higher your net promoter score is, the faster you will grow
- 03:57 – When you get feedback, that’s when you want to continue with reiteration and keep running your promoter score to see if you can improve it
- 04:13 – When Eric gets a 9 or 10, that’s when he know he can jump into an opportunity
- 04:29 – You can ask for referrals and it’s a great opportunity for upsells, too
- 05:00 – It is easier to retain and maintain current accounts, than to create the new ones
- 04:18 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year annual subscription of Funnel Dash which helps you hone in your Facebook ads campaigns and track the lifetime ROI of your ad campaigns
- 05:38 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:42 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 06:29– That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make it a point to look at your feedback and fix any problems that are brought up.
- A net promoter score of 9-10 gives you more opportunities, such as asking for referrals or upsells.
- Taking care of your existing clients will be more beneficial for your business growth in the long run.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...