In Episode #460, Eric and Neil discuss how to increase audience retention on YouTube. Tune in to know how long people usually stay engaged in a video, the retention rate you want to aim for, and why visual hooks and valuable content are KEY for holding people’s attention.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Increase Audience Retention on YouTube
- 00:43 – Your watch time matters GREATLY
- 00:48 – Check your analytics section for audience retention data
- 00:54 – Tim Schmoyer, a pro YouTuber, says you want to aim for a 60% plus retention rate
- 01:10 – From Growth Everywhere and Marketing School’s videos, people tend to drop off at 10-20%
- 01:16 – “These are audio files, so that explains it”
- 01:36 – “You need to have visual hooks”
- 02:22 – Eric shares how he fixed their videos on YouTube to make people stay on longer
- 03:02 – Get to the point and make your videos valuable
- 03:24 – Make sure your videos are cut in different ways or angles to keep people’s attention
- 03:41 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:50 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 03:54 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Watch time on YouTube is one of the biggest factors that impact retention.
- People tend to stay on your videos longer if they find them visually appealing.
- Teach your audience and provide VALUE—that’s how you hold onto them.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1868, Neil and Eric talk about CRO tips that will help you convert. Whether it’s having a range of payment options or looking at your image quality, there are numerous ways to optimize y...
In episode #1867, Neil and Eric talk about some rules they follow with marketing. From the rule of seven to the 80/20 rule, there is no shortage of top marketing tips for you. Tune in to hear it all!...
In episode #1866, Neil and Eric share seven ways to gamify your social media to gain a following. From contests to giveaways, there are so many creative ways to engage people. You just have to know ho...