In Episode #189, Eric and Neil discuss how to increase your e-commerce conversion rate. Tune it to learn valuable tips and strategies to make the online buying experience as positive and streamlined as possible. From ensuring that there are product reviews to offering free shipping, Eric and Neil disclose the tricks of the trade that are easy to implement and will increase your sales.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Increase Your E-commerce Conversion Rate
- 00:41 – First, add live chat to your web pages
- 01:03 – Use a 2-step check-out
- 01:12 – Name and email on the first page, then credit card details on the second
- 01:25 – Have a countdown timer on the checkout page
- 01:34 – Learn more about it in Conversion Excel
- 01:47 – Offer FREE shipping
- 02:12 – Increase the product cost to cover the free shipping fee
- 02:26 – Your page speed matters a lot
- 02:47 – Site speed means better user experience
- 02:57 – Make sure your site is mobile compatible
- 03:20 – Have reviews
- 03:41 – Using default product descriptions will not establish your page as unique
- 03:51 – Interlink other products to draw people to these other pages
- 04:15 – Your conversion rate is not just about the number of visitors, it is the revenue you get per customer
- 04:37 – Check people’s behavior on your pages
- 05:18 – Make sure images are of high quality and videos are showing the product well
- 05:39 – Utilize retargeting to those who consistently check you out
- 06:18 – Run promotions
- 06:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Think about up selling—every product should have an upsell opportunity.
- The conversion rate is not just about the number of visitors, it is the revenue you get per customer.
- The better the customer experience, the higher the sales.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...