In Episode #189, Eric and Neil discuss how to increase your e-commerce conversion rate. Tune it to learn valuable tips and strategies to make the online buying experience as positive and streamlined as possible. From ensuring that there are product reviews to offering free shipping, Eric and Neil disclose the tricks of the trade that are easy to implement and will increase your sales.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Increase Your E-commerce Conversion Rate
- 00:41 – First, add live chat to your web pages
- 01:03 – Use a 2-step check-out
- 01:12 – Name and email on the first page, then credit card details on the second
- 01:25 – Have a countdown timer on the checkout page
- 01:34 – Learn more about it in Conversion Excel
- 01:47 – Offer FREE shipping
- 02:12 – Increase the product cost to cover the free shipping fee
- 02:26 – Your page speed matters a lot
- 02:47 – Site speed means better user experience
- 02:57 – Make sure your site is mobile compatible
- 03:20 – Have reviews
- 03:41 – Using default product descriptions will not establish your page as unique
- 03:51 – Interlink other products to draw people to these other pages
- 04:15 – Your conversion rate is not just about the number of visitors, it is the revenue you get per customer
- 04:37 – Check people’s behavior on your pages
- 05:18 – Make sure images are of high quality and videos are showing the product well
- 05:39 – Utilize retargeting to those who consistently check you out
- 06:18 – Run promotions
- 06:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Think about up selling—every product should have an upsell opportunity.
- The conversion rate is not just about the number of visitors, it is the revenue you get per customer.
- The better the customer experience, the higher the sales.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...