In episode #1091, Ryan Bonnici walks us through his marketing hacks. Tune in to hear how you can increase your probability of breakthrough marketing success.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:52] Today’s Topic: How to Increase Your Probability of Breakthrough Marketing Success
- [01:20] You should focus on traffic before you focus on conversions.
- [01:51] Ryan is really social and loves connecting with new people, so follow him on Twitter!
- [03:10] People don’t create content for all stages of the funnel, which they absolutely should.
- [05:31] The conversion rate at top-of-funnel traffic is obviously lower than at the bottom of the funnel.
- [06:10] Top marketers measure content at a topic level.
- [09:40] It’s important to do keyword research.
- [11:45] It’s important to have a good relationship with sales.
- [12:00] You need to have a strong common language between marketing and sales.
- [13:45] You need to set up an SLA.
- [15:40] It’s possible to extrapolate future success from current sales metrics.
- [17:40] It’s important to leverage good reviews.
- [18:00] HubSpot does a good job at being transparent.
- [18:25] Marketers need to have more say in packaging and design.
- [18:40] RxBar is a great example of transparent packaging.
- [21:00] There are not enough marketers that create and build strong personal brands.
- [21:27] The most important part of branding, is that you need to have a unique viewpoint.
- [22:35] Marketers must be willing to exist in the public eye.
- [24:34] Creating content is important to building your brand.
- [27:45] Beat your competitors at their own game.
- [29:31] BuzzSumo helps you see what your competitors are sharing, but not if the content is resonating with their audience.
- [31:15] Make sure to wrap your links, so you get more conversions.
- [31:30] If you’re scheduling a lot of content, you need to check when your audience is online.
- [33:05] Email Ryan if you want further content from him and his company.
- [33:32] That’s it for today!
- [33:41] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...
In episode #2403, Neil and Eric talk about how digital advertising will change in 2023 and beyond. Major developments in artificial intelligence (AI) along with increased privacy and tracking limitati...
In episode #2402, Neil and Eric talk about how the best marketers manage their most important resource, time. Tune in as we discuss some of the top methods for managing your routine and how to get the...