In Episode #255, Eric and Neil discuss how to keep track of emerging trends in your industry. Tune in to learn why networking is of the utmost importance when it comes to being up to date with the latest trends and tools. You’ll also find out what blogs and social media platforms Eric and Neil use to stay on top of their game.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Keep Track of Emerging Trends in Your Industry
- 00:37 – Eric looks at Feedly to take their RSS feeds and segment them
- 00:52 – When Eric wakes up, he’s puts them into Pocket which is his “read later” tool
- 01:02 – Looking at the headlines in the morning gives Eric an idea on what is going on and gets his brain moving
- 01:23 – Neil uses Twitter
- 01:31 – It is still a great tool to know the latest in your industry
- 01:49 – Follow the people within your industry
- 01:59 – For Twitter, Eric uses Tweetbot
- 02:29 – Eric likes Twitter because when something big happens, it will trend easily
- 03:03 – Listen to different podcasts in your industry
- 03:24 – The new tactics and trends can be easily shared through podcasts
- 03:59 – Eric and Neil discuss with each other what they are doing and their results
- 04:30 – Eric and Neil are doing this with other people in their space
- 04:35 – “If you’re not networking with people, you’re not going to be ahead of them”
- 04:40 – Eric had a chat with Sean Ellis of Growth Hacker
- 04:52 – Shawn shares why he started Growth Hacker
- 05:04 – If you meet with other people, you can build relationships
- 05:18 – Eric shares when he went to the Traffic and Conversion Conference
- 05:25 – One of Neil’s business partners connected with one of Eric’s friends
- 06:16 – Make sure you reciprocate
- 06:28 – Eric enjoys looking at Venture Capital blogs like CB Insights, Mattermark and Crunchbase
- 07:03 – It can give you an idea of where things are going, in general
- 07:13 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Twitter might be dead, but it is still a good platform to know what is currently happening in your space.
- Networking with people in your industry builds relationships and helps you stay updated on the latest news and trends.
- You will learn more if you reciprocate.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2566, we turn our attention to a groundbreaking phenomenon: how YouTube creator Deestroying is challenging traditional football norms. In this episode, we dissect the strategies and innova...
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...