In episode #795, Eric and Neil Discuss how to keep your ad costs down. Tune in to hear how you could be saving money instead of losing it!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00;27] Today’s Topic: How to Keep Your Ad Cost Down Even As More Competitors Jump On Board
- [00:41] It is a given that no matter what, more people will sign up to use social media sites.
- [01:25] Ad costs will go up the more people get on board.
- [02:05] Keep in mind, that whether it is Google or Facebook, the goal of every ad platform is to show the results with the highest quality, not who paid the most.
- [03:00] It’s all about the keywords you use!
- [03:15] Whichever generates more clicks, generates more income.
- [03:26] Always test your copy and see what works.
- [04:02] Eric recently look at some of his ads: the cost per acquisition for image ads was $12, while video was $4-5.
- [04:22] You have to have good messaging that is targeted at your audience.
- [04:35] You need to test over and over.
- [04:43] In the early days of advertising, some people posted images of breasts to get a higher click-through rate. These days, you need to have relevant images and content.
- [05:28] Rotate your ad images and update your copy.
- [05:43] When people ran ads on TV and Radio, they found that their CPC’s went down drastically because people were seeing them everywhere.
- [06:16] That’s it for today!
- [06:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...