In Episode #172, Eric and Neil discuss how you can keep your users engaged with your video. Videos are becoming a more common way in which we share content, so how do you know if you’re doing it right? Tune in to find out some practical tips and online applications that help make your videos more engaging—and the more engaging the video, the more viewers and conversions!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Keep Your Users Engaged with Your Video
- 00:39 – In 2020, most content will be in video
- 00:46 – Live videos have become popular and the number of viewers have doubled
- 01:10 – Keeping your videos short can help you have a high view count, but lower conversion rate
- 01:28 – First, try to make your video like a story
- 01:45 – Think about yourself watching a movie
- 02:13 – “The more storytelling you do—the more emotions you leverage, the more hooks you create, the more sales you end up generating from those videos”
- 02:30 – Start with a video transcription or caption
- 02:43 – Rev has the ability to create video captions for you
- 03:15 – Have an engaging introduction
- 03:45 – You can try to check which image or intro works through Facebook ads at a cheaper price
- 04:03 – People switch camera angles to keep people engaged
- 04:29 – Ask people questions
- 04:54 – In Facebook video, you can check the number of people that are engaging
- 05:18 – You need good editing!
- 05:29 – Casey Neistat built a brand and sold it for $25M to CNN—CNN didn’t buy his brand but hired him and his team to be an influencer
- 06:15 – Talk slowly in your videos
- 06:48 – During live videos, use Telestream Wirecast so that you’re live on more than 1 application
- 07:30 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- In 2020, most content will be in video form—therefore, familiarize yourself with this tool.
- Telling a story with an engaging intro and transcript in your video will help your audience connect with you.
- Use as many social media platforms as you can to BOOST your engagement and conversion rate.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...