In Episode #487, Eric and Neil discuss how to learn copywriting when you suck at writing. Tune in to learn that you don’t have to be an expert writer to be a copywriter. Focus on overcoming objections and solving problems. They also shares books, tools, and helpful resources.
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:28] – Today’s topic: How to Learn Copywriting When You Suck at Writing
- [00:43] – If you suck at writing, it doesn’t mean you can’t do copywriting to compel people to take action.
- [01:00] – Read Persuasion by Robert Cialdini and The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert.
- [01:53] – Neil is great at copywriting, but not writing. He learned he doesn’t have to be the best writer from Frank Kern.
- [02:26] – You just need to be able to answer the customer’s objection.
- [02:43] – Survey your visitors and find their objections. Use SurveyMonkey or any survey tool.
- [02:49] – Find out why people aren’t converting and answer those objections in your copy.
- [03:08] – Solving people’s problems will make them much more likely to convert.
- [03:27] – AppSumo is based on sending emails. Neville Medhora from Kopywriting Kourse helped Noah Kagan build AppSumo.
- [03:37] – You have to have good copy when sending emails.
- [03:58] – Also check out CopyBlogger and the podcast from John McIntyre and Ben Settle’s emails.
- [04:15] – When looking at copywriting think of the concept of Seinfeld emails: talking about nothing or the story of your day and weaving in your offer.
- [05:14] – Conversion rates are 1 to 3 percent. To get people to convert, you have to create multiple ways to help your customers convert into buyers.
- [06:29] – Talking to people and presenting information in the right scenario can also help with conversion.
- [06:41] – That’s it for today!
- [06:45] – Marketing School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool. Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy.
- [06:53] – You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...