In Episode #339, Eric and Neil discuss how to leverage micro influencers. Micro influencers are those who have anywhere from thousands to 10K followers. When you get into the millions, you’re dealing with macro influencers. Tune in to learn if you should be reaching out to macro or micro influencers for the promotion of your business and why having just one influencer isn’t enough.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Leverage Micro Influencers
- 00:36 – Macro influencers are those who already have millions of followers on social media
- 00:49 – Micro influencers are those who have thousands or 10K followers and above
- 00:56 – They have the following on a specific niche
- 01:02 – Eric and Neil are micro influencers
- 01:37 – Most small businesses work with micro influencers
- 01:45 – Neil’s friend, who is in the fitness field, pays influencers to promote supplements and protein products
- 01:53 – When they employed a macro influencer who had millions of followers, the promotion didn’t convert to sales
- 02:08 – When a micro influencer, like a bodybuilder, posted about their products, they generated sales and the promotion cost was lower
- 02:23 – It’s not about the quantity, but the biggest influencer in your niche
- 02:50 – There are agencies nowadays who build influencer platforms
- 03:08 – Leveraging DM in Instagram
- 03:31 – Gary V’s the art of the DM
- 03:43 – When you want to work with micro influencers, you can’t just work with one
- 03:57 – When everyone talks about you in your space, it’s much more effective
- 04:12 – Having micro influencers is the same thing as running ads
- 04:20 – There are pricing guides in paying micro influencers
- 04:30 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Drip, which is an email automation tool
- 05:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Find influencers who will not just drive people to your website, but will also convert those people into customers.
- Just like with ads, paying influencers is an investment that gets key people in your space talking about you.
- Micro influencers are much cheaper than macro influencers and will work in more specific niches.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...