In Episode #339, Eric and Neil discuss how to leverage micro influencers. Micro influencers are those who have anywhere from thousands to 10K followers. When you get into the millions, you’re dealing with macro influencers. Tune in to learn if you should be reaching out to macro or micro influencers for the promotion of your business and why having just one influencer isn’t enough.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Leverage Micro Influencers
- 00:36 – Macro influencers are those who already have millions of followers on social media
- 00:49 – Micro influencers are those who have thousands or 10K followers and above
- 00:56 – They have the following on a specific niche
- 01:02 – Eric and Neil are micro influencers
- 01:37 – Most small businesses work with micro influencers
- 01:45 – Neil’s friend, who is in the fitness field, pays influencers to promote supplements and protein products
- 01:53 – When they employed a macro influencer who had millions of followers, the promotion didn’t convert to sales
- 02:08 – When a micro influencer, like a bodybuilder, posted about their products, they generated sales and the promotion cost was lower
- 02:23 – It’s not about the quantity, but the biggest influencer in your niche
- 02:50 – There are agencies nowadays who build influencer platforms
- 03:08 – Leveraging DM in Instagram
- 03:31 – Gary V’s the art of the DM
- 03:43 – When you want to work with micro influencers, you can’t just work with one
- 03:57 – When everyone talks about you in your space, it’s much more effective
- 04:12 – Having micro influencers is the same thing as running ads
- 04:20 – There are pricing guides in paying micro influencers
- 04:30 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Drip, which is an email automation tool
- 04:42 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:50 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444 for those in the US
- 04:56 – For international listeners, just email [email protected]
- 05:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Find influencers who will not just drive people to your website, but will also convert those people into customers.
- Just like with ads, paying influencers is an investment that gets key people in your space talking about you.
- Micro influencers are much cheaper than macro influencers and will work in more specific niches.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...