In episode #1038, we discuss how you can make money while podcasting to a small audience. Tune in to hear how you can make $8000+/month.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Make $8,000+/mo From Podcasting With A Small Audience
- [00:41] Hot Pod News is about podcasting.
- [00:50] There is a podcast called “Disrupting Japan”.
- [01:01] The podcaster was able to get people to pay for a subscription to his podcast.
- [01:35] The podcaster did a number of things to get money.
- [01:40] He ran ads.
- [02:05] He spent 70% of the time reaching out to people for sponsorships.
- [02:22] However, he wasn’t happy because content became secondary.
- [02:30] So he got a full-time job instead.
- [03:15] You have to reach a certain level to hire team members.
- [04:10] Anytime you can monetize whatever you’re doing with ads, it means you are doing something wrong.
- [04:40] Sell your own products and services.
- [05:30] That’s it for today!
- [05:55] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...