In Episode #444, Eric and Neil discuss how to make a professional podcast. Tune in to learn what Eric and Neil use to create their own podcast. They’ll break down their processes and tell you how they can remain hands-off, yet still maintain the highest quality of podcasts.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Make a Professional Podcast
- 00:37 – Eric and Neil record their podcast at The Network Studio in LA, which is a professional studio
- 00:52 – The best podcasts around have the best audio quality
- 01:07 – If you can have professional audio quality, you set yourself above what others are doing
- 01:13 – Make sure to edit your fillers to make it sound more professional
- 01:39 – Eric and Neil hires writers to create show notes based on the podcast which are pushed to WordPress and iTunes
- 01:55 – Good hosting is important for podcasting and Eric and Neil use Libsyn which will publish to different channels automatically
- 02:20 – Use a player for your website that won’t require you to go to iTunes
- 02:23 – Smart Podcast Player by Smart Passive Income is a good tool
- 02:40 – For starters, you can use Skype for interviews and record it with ECamm Recorder
- 02:52 – Upload your recorded files to Dropbox and you have your people work on them from there
- 03:11 – You have to hire a great team that will enable you to be hands-off
- 03:37 – Eric and Neil might try Zencastr which is a web app that can record conversation
- 04:02 – Make sure you have a good mic
- 04:30 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:43 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 04:48 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Prioritize the quality of your audio, it will drive listeners to your podcast.
- Hire a great team who will work on the post-production of your podcast.
- Not everyone has access to iTunes so have a player on your website that will work on all devices.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...