In Episode #445, Eric and Neil discuss how to make Google Analytics more actionable. Tune in to learn how you can use Google Analytics to your advantage and which metrics you can track or test by using its many features.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Make Google Analytics More Actionable
- 00:33 – Check your conversion rates; you can continually improve your rates
- 00:52 – Look at your traffic tests from a week-to-week perspective
- 01:07 – See what causes the drops in traffic; check for what you did or didn’t do
- 01:15 – Make sure to annotate the big changes you’re making on Google Analytics so you can track over time
- 01:34 – You can set up custom reports in Google Analytics
- 01:40 – Google Analytics has a studio from where you can draw templates to use for customer importing
- 01:48 – Avinash Kaushik is a Google evangelist who shares his reports
- 02:07 – Google has experiments that allow you to run A/B tests
- 02:24 – If you’re running a campaign, you can check how your campaign is doing from the UDM parameters
- 02:43 – Cross-reference your Google Analytics conversion with your backend conversion
- 03:03 – Hook-in your Google Analytics to your search console and Google AdWords
- 03:32 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg, which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:41 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 03:45 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Look at your conversion rates because your rate is what you can continuously improve upon.
- Set-up custom reports with Google Analytics that cater to just what you need.
- Don’t forget to hook your Google Analytics to your Google AdWords and search console.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...