In episode #1077, we discuss how to make sense of traffic estimates from SEO tools. Tune in to hear how we handle this data.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Make Sense of Traffic Estimates From SEO Tools
- [00:38] Examples of such tools include: UberSuggest and SEMRush.
- [01:20] When it comes to these tools, it’s hard to compare them.
- [01:35] You should use these tools to see how you stack up to your competitors.
- [01:50] Always use the same tool for comparisons, so that the data will be similar.
[02:50] When looking at these types of tools, Eric looks at trends.
- [03:30] If Eric sees the traffic value declining, he knows it’s not something worth emulating.
- [04:40] B2C traffic information tends to be more accurate.
- [05:00] You can rent out pages that rank for certain keywords.
- [05:40] That’s it for today!
- [05:50] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2415, we discuss whether newsletters are good businesses. Newsletters can be a great way to build an audience, as well as something you can charge subscribers for, but are they the best us...
In episode #2414, we talk about whether you should build or buy when it comes to talent in your company. There are arguments to be made for both routes to growing your company and its teams, and here ...
In episode #2413, we discuss how to take accountability for your marketing screwups. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what kind of marketing genius you are, you will screw up at some point. ...