In episode #1077, we discuss how to make sense of traffic estimates from SEO tools. Tune in to hear how we handle this data.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Make Sense of Traffic Estimates From SEO Tools
- [00:38] Examples of such tools include: UberSuggest and SEMRush.
- [01:20] When it comes to these tools, it’s hard to compare them.
- [01:35] You should use these tools to see how you stack up to your competitors.
- [01:50] Always use the same tool for comparisons, so that the data will be similar.
[02:50] When looking at these types of tools, Eric looks at trends.
- [03:30] If Eric sees the traffic value declining, he knows it’s not something worth emulating.
- [04:40] B2C traffic information tends to be more accurate.
- [05:00] You can rent out pages that rank for certain keywords.
- [05:40] That’s it for today!
- [05:50] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...