In Episode #383, Eric and Neil discuss how to make users watch your full video. Tune in to learn what strategies you can employ to keep your audience engaged. You’ll find the value of a good hook and the importance of producing high quality videos—all tactics that Neil has used to ensure people stick around to the end of your video.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Make Users Watch Your Full Video
- 00:40 – To make users stay, mention at the start of the video that you have something for them at the end of the video
- 00:46 – It entices people and it’s a strategy that works well
- 01:01 – “Have a really good hook in the intro”
- 01:18 – When Neil creates a video with a number of tactics, he will say that ONE of them will help the viewers immensely, so they should stick around and watch the whole video
- 02:05 – Eric tends to watch videos that are 5-10 minutes long
- 02:19 – Keep your video in high quality and make sure it’s well produced, even if it’s short
- 02:44 – Add some animation to your videos
- 03:11 – Neil’s editors continually adjust the frames
- 03:23 – This way, the viewers won’t get bored
- 03:45 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:24 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:34 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Entice people by having a great hook at the start of the video; having a surprise for them at the end can also work to keep them watching.
- A short, well-produced, high quality video is more likely to get watched than longer, poorer quality one.
- Add animation, adjust your frames—do what you need to do to keep your video enticing.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....