In Episode #386, Eric and Neil discuss how to manage your first marketing hire if you’re not a marketer yourself. Tune in to learn the right questions you need to ask a potential marketing hire and the importance of a marketer being able to plan and hit expected, weekly goals.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How To Manage Your First Marketing Hire if You’re Not a Marketer Yourself
- 00:44 – Neil wants to find out how a marketer plans their week—it should be planned in a way that improves the business
- 01:09 – Neil shares a sample plan a marketer might use
- 01:33 – There should be expected results and goals
- 01:50 – From Eric’s perspective, there’s a deadline they should hit and they should do what they set out to do
- 02:28 – Eric asks the questions he asks to see if you can be the best fit for his team
- 03:00 – Eric has a one-on-one with his developers and marketers to know if they’re hitting their goals
- 03:36 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:04 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- A marketer needs to make a plan and track their progress, ensuring that goals and deadlines are met.
- If you’re not a developer or marketer but want to hire one, ask the developers and marketers you know and find out the questions you need to be asking your potential hire.
- Make sure you consistently update and touch base with your first marketing hire.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...