In episode #555, Eric and Neil discuss ways in which marketing blockchain companies is like being in the Wild West. Tune in to hear their thoughts on successfully navigating this new technology.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Market a Blockchain Company
- [00:47] One of the blockchain companies Eric is working with is very traditional.
- [00:51] They are doing media buys on a site with a lot of traffic, drive people to the landing page, and then get them on the email list. Then, they use a chat program, Telegram. It’s a high-level funnel.
- [01:34] The marketing is still very traditional.
- [01:42] It reminds Eric of the Wild West, because it’s new territory and people are getting paid in new currency.
- [02:16] Most people aren’t using traditional channels.
- [02:46] Banner ads and press aren’t doing much anymore.
- [03:03] Celebrity endorsements are passe.
- [03:15] You need to be focusing on the technology.
- [03:33] While it may be easier to raise money on the blockchain, that doesn’t mean it’s right for the long-term success of your business.
- [03:49] A lot of people raise money, but then don’t update their investors.
- [04:05] If you’re getting millions, you should at least update your investors.
- [04:42] Neil feels there is zero accountability in the startup industry right now.
- [05:18] In terms of marketing, “All the things that we talk about on this podcast are going to work.” -Neil
- [05:22] If you are looking to start a marketing agency, now is a good time, because everyone is doing things that have already been done.
- [05:43] Your brand is priceless.
- [05:54] Warren Buffett always writes a one-page update for his investors and top-level employees.
- [06:21] That’s it for today!
- [06:23] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
- [06:31] Tweet at Eric if you would like them to curate their podcast content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1933, Neil and Eric talk about whether your business should have a phone number listed. Having a phone number listed may seem outdated, but testing has shown that simply listing a phone nu...
In episode #1932, Neil and Eric talk about the economics of buying another business versus building. When you’re deciding whether or not to buy a business, the number one question you should ask you...
In episode #1931, Neil and Eric talk about how to profit off your blog without selling out. If you pivot from your original content in order to sell something, there’s a good chance you’ll feel li...