In episode #555, Eric and Neil discuss ways in which marketing blockchain companies is like being in the Wild West. Tune in to hear their thoughts on successfully navigating this new technology.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Market a Blockchain Company
- [00:47] One of the blockchain companies Eric is working with is very traditional.
- [00:51] They are doing media buys on a site with a lot of traffic, drive people to the landing page, and then get them on the email list. Then, they use a chat program, Telegram. It’s a high-level funnel.
- [01:34] The marketing is still very traditional.
- [01:42] It reminds Eric of the Wild West, because it’s new territory and people are getting paid in new currency.
- [02:16] Most people aren’t using traditional channels.
- [02:46] Banner ads and press aren’t doing much anymore.
- [03:03] Celebrity endorsements are passe.
- [03:15] You need to be focusing on the technology.
- [03:33] While it may be easier to raise money on the blockchain, that doesn’t mean it’s right for the long-term success of your business.
- [03:49] A lot of people raise money, but then don’t update their investors.
- [04:05] If you’re getting millions, you should at least update your investors.
- [04:42] Neil feels there is zero accountability in the startup industry right now.
- [05:18] In terms of marketing, “All the things that we talk about on this podcast are going to work.” -Neil
- [05:22] If you are looking to start a marketing agency, now is a good time, because everyone is doing things that have already been done.
- [05:43] Your brand is priceless.
- [05:54] Warren Buffett always writes a one-page update for his investors and top-level employees.
- [06:21] That’s it for today!
- [06:23] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
- [06:31] Tweet at Eric if you would like them to curate their podcast content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2229, Neil and Eric talk about seven split tests you won’t regret running. One of the most reliable ways to determine effective marketing methods is by running split tests. Tune in to le...
In episode #2228, Neil and Eric talk about why rising interest rates will make marketing more affordable. Warren Buffet famously said, “be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are ...
In episode #2227, Neil and Eric talk about why the easiest way to go broke is by acting rich. When you’re making hundreds and thousands of dollars, it can be tempting to splurge your cash on non-ess...