In episode #597, Eric and Neil discuss how you should market an ICO. Tune in to hear tips on how to approach marketing this new industry.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Market an ICO
- [00:33] An ICO is an “Initial Coin Offering”.
- [00:36] A lot of people are releasing cryptocurrencies.
- [01:03] If you are a marketing agency, when working with an ICO, you have to “cover your ass”.
- [01:55] Some of the ICO’s have bad websites.
- [02:21] They’re using bad animations and insider lingo that doesn’t help to further their business.
- [02:40] You will do much better if you don’t use insider lingo and instead create a simplistic video explaining your product and its value.
- [03:10] Keep it simple!
- [03:17] ICO are now maxing out their Telegram groups (which means they have more than 75,000 people in that group).
- [03:45] One way to grow your telegram group is to blast your email list. Eric did this when working with Polygram.
- [04:00] The first email drove people to the Telegram group.
- [04:15] They also airdropped tokens for free because of referral programs, etc.
- [04:44] Celebrity endorsements aren’t the best idea. Instead, use crypto-influencers, as they draw in the right type of customer.
- [05:20] Right now, there are a lot of people writing white papers. You want the write type of people writing these (professors, influencers, etc.).
- [06:00] You can use Inbound Junctions to create press for your ICO.
- [06:07] Leverage email lists.
- [06:10] Promote partnerships with other ICO’s.
- [06:15] Create a Reddit channel.
- [06:31] Engagement is so important.
- [06:50] Have people manage communities and chat rooms.
- [07:12] Facebook has banned any sales ads referencing cryptocurrency.
- [07:53] That’s all for today!
- [07:55] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2229, Neil and Eric talk about seven split tests you won’t regret running. One of the most reliable ways to determine effective marketing methods is by running split tests. Tune in to le...
In episode #2228, Neil and Eric talk about why rising interest rates will make marketing more affordable. Warren Buffet famously said, “be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are ...
In episode #2227, Neil and Eric talk about why the easiest way to go broke is by acting rich. When you’re making hundreds and thousands of dollars, it can be tempting to splurge your cash on non-ess...