In episode #966, we discuss how you can market when you’re a nobody. Tune in to hear how you can build your following and gain conversions.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Market When You’re a Nobody
- [00:40] Eric and Neil are technically “nobodies”.
- [01:06] Look to see who is getting traction.
- [01:20] BuzzSumo will help you figure out what’s hot in your field.
- [01:35] You can also cross-link with popular people and sites.
- [02:30] When Eric first started in marketing, he began emailing Neil trying to connect/cross-link with his site.
- [03:30] Most people do not know us!
- [03:42] The more people who don’t know you, the more people you can convert.
- [04:00] Consider all the outlets you can use (podcasts, videos, etc.).
- [04:30] Neil’s audio engineer badgered Larry King, until he gave him an interview and it turned into a begrudging mentorship.
- [04:44] That’s it for today!
- [04:46] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...
In episode #2561, you’ll learn how Warren Buffett’s approach to investing within his circle of confidence can be applied to content creation. Learn how to yield results by taking a simple but effe...