In Episode #422, Eric and Neil discuss how to market your business at a conference without sponsoring it. Tune in to learn what you need to do on the day of the conference to market your business tactfully and effectively.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Market Your Business at a Conference Without Sponsoring It
- 00:41 – It’s better to speak at conferences than be a sponsor at one
- 00:50 – Talk with people in the conference lounge
- 01:16 – Networking is also a good strategy to market your brand without spending
- 01:49 – Networking doesn’t mean passing your business card, it means getting to know people’s story and expressing how you can help them
- 02:55 – Prior to the conference event day, figure out your target market
- 03:13 – Eric shares how his friend bombarded the booths in an event they went to in order to market his service
- 03:55 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:00 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Rather than sponsoring a conference, it’s better to speak at one if you can.
- Network with people by understanding their struggles and stating how you can offer a solution to their problem.
- Make sure you know your target market first before coming to a conference.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....
In episode #2409, Neil and Eric talk about how YouTube and Spotify are changing the podcast game. You might think that with five to 10 million podcasts in existence, the world of podcasts is saturated...