In Episode #422, Eric and Neil discuss how to market your business at a conference without sponsoring it. Tune in to learn what you need to do on the day of the conference to market your business tactfully and effectively.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Market Your Business at a Conference Without Sponsoring It
- 00:41 – It’s better to speak at conferences than be a sponsor at one
- 00:50 – Talk with people in the conference lounge
- 01:16 – Networking is also a good strategy to market your brand without spending
- 01:49 – Networking doesn’t mean passing your business card, it means getting to know people’s story and expressing how you can help them
- 02:55 – Prior to the conference event day, figure out your target market
- 03:13 – Eric shares how his friend bombarded the booths in an event they went to in order to market his service
- 03:55 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:00 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Rather than sponsoring a conference, it’s better to speak at one if you can.
- Network with people by understanding their struggles and stating how you can offer a solution to their problem.
- Make sure you know your target market first before coming to a conference.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...