In Episode #82, Neil and Eric highlight the tips, tools, and tactics to use when marketing your local businesses. Listen to learn why you’re not capturing your local market and what you can do about it.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to market your local business
- 00:40 – Do local SEO
- 00:46 – Check out and read Moz and David Mihm
- 01:49 – Make sure you understand variables
- 02:06 – Use tools like Moz Local, Yelp, and City Search
- 02:22 – If you’re not in them, you’ll end up losing tons of revenue
- 02:45 – Make people happy to encourage them leave a review
- 03:16 – Use Facebook for geo targeting to market your local business
- 04:16 – Use Pretty Link in WordPress to track local ads
- 04:41 – Use localized websites to network with
- 05:50 – Make sure you’re getting reviews
- 06:18 – Don’t forget Google Adwords for call tracking
- 06:34 – Another tool is Callrail
- 07:18 – Your website is important
- 07:41 – Make your phone numbers clickable
- 07:59 – Make your form fields simple
- 08:16 – Keep images and copy short and on point
- 08:28 – Make sure your server is close to that localized region
- 09:21 – Don’t forget about phone calls!
- 09:41 – Waze local is worth a try too
- 09:56 – Be aware on all the new stuff that’s going on
- 10:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make the most of your marketing efforts by trying all the tools applicable to your biz.
- Business owners often neglect local details that can cost them revenue.
- Large-scale growth starts locally and expands outward.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...