In Episode #82, Neil and Eric highlight the tips, tools, and tactics to use when marketing your local businesses. Listen to learn why you’re not capturing your local market and what you can do about it.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to market your local business
- 00:40 – Do local SEO
- 02:06 – Use tools like Moz Local, Yelp, and City Search
- 02:22 – If you’re not in them, you’ll end up losing tons of revenue
- 02:45 – Make people happy to encourage them leave a review
- 03:16 – Use Facebook for geo targeting to market your local business
- 04:16 – Use Pretty Link in WordPress to track local ads
- 04:41 – Use localized websites to network with
- 05:50 – Make sure you’re getting reviews
- 06:18 – Don’t forget Google Adwords for call tracking
- 06:34 – Another tool is Callrail
- 07:18 – Your website is important
- 07:41 – Make your phone numbers clickable
- 07:59 – Make your form fields simple
- 08:16 – Keep images and copy short and on point
- 08:28 – Make sure your server is close to that localized region
- 09:21 – Don’t forget about phone calls!
- 09:41 – Waze local is worth a try too
- 09:56 – Be aware on all the new stuff that’s going on
- 10:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make the most of your marketing efforts by trying all the tools applicable to your biz.
- Business owners often neglect local details that can cost them revenue.
- Large-scale growth starts locally and expands outward.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...