In Episode #264, Eric and Neil discuss how you can master the art of upselling. Tune in to find out how YOU can master the art of upselling, the benefit of targeting your existing clients, and how offering more speed and more automation can be your ticket to doubling your revenue.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Master the Art of Upselling
- 00:36 – Eric went to San Francisco to meet existing and prospective clients
- 01:05 – Before going into the meetings, Eric had a talk with his team to discuss what they can offer their clients
- 01:25 – Eric showed them mind-blowing facts about their clients’ competitors
- 01:41 – Eric probably gained an additional $150K in contracts
- 01:54 – You need to add value, first, to master the art of upselling
- 01:56 – If the client is satisfied with your work, they want to meet you and this is an opportunity to upsell
- 02:02 – “It’s all about expansion”
- 02:15 – Upselling is about speed and automation
- 02:28 – Neil learned this from Ryan Deiss of Digital Marketer
- 03:21 – “You can’t just do more speed and more automation of something random, it has to be related to [your product]”
- 03:32 – Trey Lewellen uses Click Funnels for selling gun related products
- 03:51 – Trey drives people to a landing page to buy gun oils
- 04:00 – Trey has more upsells
- 04:22 – Russell Brunson’s interview with Trey
- 04:58 – Eric uses Mixmax to set reminders for himself
- 05:15 – Eric makes sure he follows up with his prospective and current clients and believes salespeople should do the same thing
- 05:34 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Adding value is the way to master the art of upselling.
- Offering speed and automation for the product or service you offer is a great way to upsell.
- The customers that have stayed with you the longest are the easiest to expand upon.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...