In Episode #252, Eric and Neil discuss how to maximize SERP real estate. Tune in to learns tips and strategies that will get your rank to 0 as well as the ways in which you can occupy multiple slots in SERP.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Maximize Your SERP Real Estate
- 00:33 – SERP is Search Engine Results Page
- 01:00 – Figure how you can rank zero by having proper headings
- 01:22 – The MOZ beginner guide
- 01:44 – To get more results in SERP, have multiple pages in your site which are also sub-domain
- 02:08 – If you Google Marketing School, they occupy 5 results with different domains
- 02:31 – One of Eric’s real estate clients gets more results using their social media pages
- 03:15 – Answer questions or have a “how to” guide If you want rich snippets
- 03:36 – In Google Search Console, you can control the links that are showing up
- 04:18 – In linking, when you have subpages under the top keyword, you can also take up multiple spots
- 05:03 – You also want to link to those internal pages
- 05:47 – You don’t have to rank the second one as high as the first one, just high enough
- 05:54 – Eric does reputation management for a client
- 06:03 – Eric is building links to other high page, authority results
- 06:29 – The Marketing School is giving away 5 annual copies of Ahrefs this week
- 06:35 – To enter, subscribe, rate and review the Marketing School Podcast
- 06:41 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 07:17 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Proper headings can make ALL the difference – make sure it is relevant and works for you.
- How-to guides and answering questions can give you really good ranking through the snippets.
- Search for the top keywords and have pages link to it.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...