In Episode #46 Neil and Eric explain how to measure the results of your content marketing efforts. Listen as Neil and Eric illustrate why measuring your content marketing, while important, isn’t necessarily KEY until your content marketing and its reach has hit a certain level of exposure.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – How to measure the results of your content marketing efforts
- 00:40 – What gets measured gets managed
- 00:55 – One thing you can do?—start simple. Track what’s important using a spreadsheet
- 01:45 – With content marketing, it takes time to measure results so be patient
- 01:50 – Neil never measures ROI from content marketing
- 02:25 – When you’re spending your OWN time on content marketing, there’s virtually no cost
- 02:45 – Content marketing is a LONG-TERM play
- 03:00 – As long as traffic keeps going up, you’ll be able to find a way to monetize
- 03:20 – Once traffic exceeds 10,000, start collecting emails
- 04:15 – Calculated Risk
- 04:55 – Content marketing is a 12-18 month journey before you see any traction
- 05:35 – Think of content marketing like you think of PR
- 06:35 – Writing eCommerce posts didn’t get the most traction…but they were the most loyal
- 06:50 – Moral of the story, buzz does not necessarily equate to sales
- 07:58 – Each visitor isn’t the same, attract the RIGHT type of readers
- 08:28 – Cyfe will allow you to build out dashboards with ease
- 09:10 – Make something people want before you start measuring
3 Key Points:
- Content marketing takes time, there won’t be short term wins.
- Attracting the RIGHT type of readers is more important than attractive LOTS of readers.
- What gets measured gets managed.
- Calculated Risk – Blog from a WSJ journalist
- CYFE – Social media, analytics, marketing, sales, support, infrastructure… all in one place. Track your entire business in real-time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...