In Episode #25 Eric and Neil talk about how to monetize your blog. If you’re a passionate blogger with a good following, it’s time to start elevating your blog to a potential revenue source.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:22 – The best ways to monetize your blog
- 00:35 – Look into affiliate marketing or performance marketing
- 01:29 – Avoid ads at all costs
- 01:50 – You’ll make the least amount of money from ads
- 02:00 – Generate an email list
- 02:15 – You can sell your products through your email list
- 02:35 – Continually market to those people
- 02:45 – The concept of courses
- 03:00 – People making seven figures a year
- 03:20 – An example with eBooks and courses
- 03:57 – Don’t be too aggressive at the beginning. Wait for a loyal audience.
- 04:25 – Collect leads
- 04:45 – Take your blog content and create lead pages
- 04:55 – How to drive traffic to your lead page
- 05:45 – Monetizing a blog takes time. Think about your value to others first.
- 06:20 – Don’t push anything until you have a loyal following.
- 06:50 – Survey your audience to find out what problems they are facing.
- 07:10 – Work to solve those problems.
- 08:12 – Get people to commit before you launch your service.
- 09:00 – See you in tomorrow’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Avoid ads at all costs.
- Generate a following before you push sales.
- Develop eBooks, courses, and other services that you can promote to people on your email list.
- ClickBank, Commission Junction, Share A Sale, and Skimlinks – Resources to help you get into affiliate marketing with your blog
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...