In Episode #25 Eric and Neil talk about how to monetize your blog. If you’re a passionate blogger with a good following, it’s time to start elevating your blog to a potential revenue source.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:22 – The best ways to monetize your blog
- 00:35 – Look into affiliate marketing or performance marketing
- 01:29 – Avoid ads at all costs
- 01:50 – You’ll make the least amount of money from ads
- 02:00 – Generate an email list
- 02:15 – You can sell your products through your email list
- 02:35 – Continually market to those people
- 02:45 – The concept of courses
- 03:00 – People making seven figures a year
- 03:20 – An example with eBooks and courses
- 03:57 – Don’t be too aggressive at the beginning. Wait for a loyal audience.
- 04:25 – Collect leads
- 04:45 – Take your blog content and create lead pages
- 04:55 – How to drive traffic to your lead page
- 05:45 – Monetizing a blog takes time. Think about your value to others first.
- 06:20 – Don’t push anything until you have a loyal following.
- 06:50 – Survey your audience to find out what problems they are facing.
- 07:10 – Work to solve those problems.
- 08:12 – Get people to commit before you launch your service.
- 09:00 – See you in tomorrow’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Avoid ads at all costs.
- Generate a following before you push sales.
- Develop eBooks, courses, and other services that you can promote to people on your email list.
- ClickBank, Commission Junction, Share A Sale, and Skimlinks – Resources to help you get into affiliate marketing with your blog
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...