In Episode #25 Eric and Neil talk about how to monetize your blog. If you’re a passionate blogger with a good following, it’s time to start elevating your blog to a potential revenue source.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:22 – The best ways to monetize your blog
- 00:35 – Look into affiliate marketing or performance marketing
- 01:29 – Avoid ads at all costs
- 01:50 – You’ll make the least amount of money from ads
- 02:00 – Generate an email list
- 02:15 – You can sell your products through your email list
- 02:35 – Continually market to those people
- 02:45 – The concept of courses
- 03:00 – People making seven figures a year
- 03:20 – An example with eBooks and courses
- 03:57 – Don’t be too aggressive at the beginning. Wait for a loyal audience.
- 04:25 – Collect leads
- 04:45 – Take your blog content and create lead pages
- 04:55 – How to drive traffic to your lead page
- 05:45 – Monetizing a blog takes time. Think about your value to others first.
- 06:20 – Don’t push anything until you have a loyal following.
- 06:50 – Survey your audience to find out what problems they are facing.
- 07:10 – Work to solve those problems.
- 08:12 – Get people to commit before you launch your service.
- 09:00 – See you in tomorrow’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Avoid ads at all costs.
- Generate a following before you push sales.
- Develop eBooks, courses, and other services that you can promote to people on your email list.
- ClickBank, Commission Junction, Share A Sale, and Skimlinks – Resources to help you get into affiliate marketing with your blog
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...