In Episode #25 Eric and Neil talk about how to monetize your blog. If you’re a passionate blogger with a good following, it’s time to start elevating your blog to a potential revenue source.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:22 – The best ways to monetize your blog
- 00:35 – Look into affiliate marketing or performance marketing
- 01:29 – Avoid ads at all costs
- 01:50 – You’ll make the least amount of money from ads
- 02:00 – Generate an email list
- 02:15 – You can sell your products through your email list
- 02:35 – Continually market to those people
- 02:45 – The concept of courses
- 03:00 – People making seven figures a year
- 03:20 – An example with eBooks and courses
- 03:57 – Don’t be too aggressive at the beginning. Wait for a loyal audience.
- 04:25 – Collect leads
- 04:45 – Take your blog content and create lead pages
- 04:55 – How to drive traffic to your lead page
- 05:45 – Monetizing a blog takes time. Think about your value to others first.
- 06:20 – Don’t push anything until you have a loyal following.
- 06:50 – Survey your audience to find out what problems they are facing.
- 07:10 – Work to solve those problems.
- 08:12 – Get people to commit before you launch your service.
- 09:00 – See you in tomorrow’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Avoid ads at all costs.
- Generate a following before you push sales.
- Develop eBooks, courses, and other services that you can promote to people on your email list.
- ClickBank, Commission Junction, Share A Sale, and Skimlinks – Resources to help you get into affiliate marketing with your blog
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...