In Episode #385, Eric and Neil discuss how to monitor your backlinks in 15 minutes or less per week. Tune in to learn the advantages of checking your backlinks—such as building your network and watching for those who can negatively affect your Google search ranking.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Monitor Your Backlink Profile in 15 Minutes or Less in a Week
- 00:34 – Neil uses Ahrefs to continuously see which sites link to him
- 00:43 – It’s not time intensive and he checks three to four times a week
- 01:18 – You monitor your backlinks because a site that consistently links to you can penalize you and screw up your search ranking
- 01:30 – Eric checks his backlinks to build relationships
- 02:03 – Eric uses Ahrefs as well and sets alerts weekly
- 02:35 – There are other links that can be missing that you need to watch for
- 02:40 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:28 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Reach out to those who link to you and try to build your network.
- You can check your backlinks through Ahrefs which already has detailed data regarding your backlinks profile.
- Be careful with who links to you so you can avoid getting penalized by Google.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...