In episode #823, we discuss how you should network with rich people. Tune in to hear how you should court the wealthy.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Network with Rich People
- [01:05] There are a lot of people that want to network with the wealthy.
- [01:20] Typically, if you want to network, you need to figure out what they do for fun or provide some sort of value.
- [02:25] Sometimes, networking can be indirect: you may end up connecting with a friend of the wealthy person you are trying to snag.
- [03:40] We’re speaking in generalities, but obviously, the advice works.
- [04:00] Don’t act like a fanboy, treat rich people like regular people, because they are regular people.
- [05:00] Neil doesn’t get fan attention, but in general if people have questions, he will answer them.
- [05:20] Neil treats everyone the same.
- [05:35] Once someone treats you like you’re different, it’s a turn-off.
- [06:30] Neil had a great experience of meeting someone in an airport.
- [06:50] The person followed up and so Neil followed up in return.
- [07:00] That’s it for today.
- [07:11] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...