In episode #913, we discuss how you can produce blog posts people will want to read. Tune in to hear how you can get more hits.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Only Produce Blog Posts People Want to Read
- [01:00] Content marketing is hit or miss.
- [01:15] A lot of the content we produce does not get read.
- [01:42] Go to BuzzSumo and it will show you your competitors most popular content.
- [01:50] Also try UberSuggest, which will help you track keyword trends.
- [02:00] Ahrefs will show you Google’s most popular search results, so you can see how your competitors rank.
- [02:11] Google Search Console is another great tool that helps you figure out what keywords and topics to go after.
- [02:48] Take all of your information that you have gathered using the above tools and combine the results.
- [03:10] Always try to provide a new, unique spin on the topic at hand. Have a point of view.
- [03:50] You have to have more “at bats”.
- [04:00] The more opportunities you have, the more likely it is for you to get a hit.
- [04:30] Look at content from a social and search perspective.
- [05:10] Check sites with similar posts and reach out to them. Get them to cross-link your post.
- [05:32] Share new posts on all social media sites.
- [05:57] Going live on YouTube can actually get you more views.
- [06:30] That’s all for today!
- [06:35] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...