In episode #913, we discuss how you can produce blog posts people will want to read. Tune in to hear how you can get more hits.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Only Produce Blog Posts People Want to Read
- [01:00] Content marketing is hit or miss.
- [01:15] A lot of the content we produce does not get read.
- [01:42] Go to BuzzSumo and it will show you your competitors most popular content.
- [01:50] Also try UberSuggest, which will help you track keyword trends.
- [02:00] Ahrefs will show you Google’s most popular search results, so you can see how your competitors rank.
- [02:11] Google Search Console is another great tool that helps you figure out what keywords and topics to go after.
- [02:48] Take all of your information that you have gathered using the above tools and combine the results.
- [03:10] Always try to provide a new, unique spin on the topic at hand. Have a point of view.
- [03:50] You have to have more “at bats”.
- [04:00] The more opportunities you have, the more likely it is for you to get a hit.
- [04:30] Look at content from a social and search perspective.
- [05:10] Check sites with similar posts and reach out to them. Get them to cross-link your post.
- [05:32] Share new posts on all social media sites.
- [05:57] Going live on YouTube can actually get you more views.
- [06:30] That’s all for today!
- [06:35] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1772, we talk about why acting rich is the easiest way to go broke! There is a difference between being wealthy, and being rich, and we explore what that means in terms of sustainability a...
In episode #1771, we talk about some easy ways that you can collaborate with big influencers within your budget. There are a few simple strategies that can be employed here, where both parties come aw...
In episode #1770, we explore whether having a newsletter is still a valuable tool in the marketing toolkit. We have been hearing a lot of complaints these days about newsletters performing badly and f...