In episode #688, Eric and Neil discuss how you can out-market a multi-billion dollar company. Tune in to hear how you can beat out some of the biggest names in the game.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Out-Market a Multi-Billion Dollar Company
- [00:52] Allbirds shoes have raised over $27 Million in funding.
- [01:18] Nike and Adidas are shaking in their boots over this company.
- [01:35] Eric and Neil wouldn’t worry, they would just undercut Allbirds’ pricing.
- [01:56] The reason Allbirds is succeeding, is because they built up a great fan community.
- [02:20] Your first 1000 fans are the most important.
- [02:30] Eric likes Allbirds because they are comfortable, cool, and cheap. He found out about them through word-of-mouth.
- [02:50] Eric then went on and told about 20 people about Allbirds. He’s so enthusiastic about the brand.
- [03:50] Allbirds started by running a bunch of Facebook ads.
- [04:00] Eric would crank away at podcasts, while Neil would target influencers.
- [04:30] Neil would also guest post and focus on content marketing.
- [04:55] When releasing your product, get the community involved in feedback, which will make them feel more involved.
- [05:23] Eric is an investor in Unity Influence, which connects people with influencers.
- [06:00] That’s all for today!
- [06:05] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...