In episode #688, Eric and Neil discuss how you can out-market a multi-billion dollar company. Tune in to hear how you can beat out some of the biggest names in the game.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Out-Market a Multi-Billion Dollar Company
- [00:52] Allbirds shoes have raised over $27 Million in funding.
- [01:18] Nike and Adidas are shaking in their boots over this company.
- [01:35] Eric and Neil wouldn’t worry, they would just undercut Allbirds’ pricing.
- [01:56] The reason Allbirds is succeeding, is because they built up a great fan community.
- [02:20] Your first 1000 fans are the most important.
- [02:30] Eric likes Allbirds because they are comfortable, cool, and cheap. He found out about them through word-of-mouth.
- [02:50] Eric then went on and told about 20 people about Allbirds. He’s so enthusiastic about the brand.
- [03:50] Allbirds started by running a bunch of Facebook ads.
- [04:00] Eric would crank away at podcasts, while Neil would target influencers.
- [04:30] Neil would also guest post and focus on content marketing.
- [04:55] When releasing your product, get the community involved in feedback, which will make them feel more involved.
- [05:23] Eric is an investor in Unity Influence, which connects people with influencers.
- [06:00] That’s all for today!
- [06:05] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...