In episode #993 , we discuss how you can outrank your YouTube competitors. Tune in to hear our secrets to ranking on YouTube.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Outrank Your Competition on YouTube
- [00:50] Ideally, you want to rank #1 for keywords.
- [01:05] VidIQ helps you track your ranking for various keywords.
- [01:59] YouTube will look at what happens to your video within the first 24 hours. If it doesn’t do well in that time frame, you won’t get promoted.
- [02:40] When Neil first made YouTube videos, he did well because his viewers had a high watch time.
- [03:10] Neil used to run paid promotions, but it didn’t do much for him.
- [03:30] He doesn’t optimize for subscriptions.
- [03:45] Push your videos in the first 24 hours of posting.
- [04:10] Neil has a lot of traffic from other countries.
- [04:20] So, he will send emails at times that work for other countries.
- [05:06] That’s it for today!
- [05:36] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...