In episode #993 , we discuss how you can outrank your YouTube competitors. Tune in to hear our secrets to ranking on YouTube.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Outrank Your Competition on YouTube
- [00:50] Ideally, you want to rank #1 for keywords.
- [01:05] VidIQ helps you track your ranking for various keywords.
- [01:59] YouTube will look at what happens to your video within the first 24 hours. If it doesn’t do well in that time frame, you won’t get promoted.
- [02:40] When Neil first made YouTube videos, he did well because his viewers had a high watch time.
- [03:10] Neil used to run paid promotions, but it didn’t do much for him.
- [03:30] He doesn’t optimize for subscriptions.
- [03:45] Push your videos in the first 24 hours of posting.
- [04:10] Neil has a lot of traffic from other countries.
- [04:20] So, he will send emails at times that work for other countries.
- [05:06] That’s it for today!
- [05:36] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...