In episode #606, Eric and Neil discuss how you can outrank your competitors simply by copying them. Tune in to hear how and what you should be copying.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Outrank Your Competitors by Copying
- [00:53] Single Grain went from 4000 visitors/month to 100,000 visitors/month by copying great ideas from his competitors.
- [01:20] Take the best techniques, posts, podcasts and spin it to make it more useful.
- [01:36] Dr. Axe is a website that crushed the competition.
- [01:58] Dr. Axe checked which of their competitors’ URLS were getting the most traffic, had the fewest backlinks, and then wrote better versions of those pages.
- [02:57] This got them to 20 Million visitors per month.
- [03:34] AHREFS is one of Eric and Neil’s favorite tools. It can do a content gap analysis, which will help you see where others are failing. Fill in that gap!
- [04:25] Neil wrote The Beginners’ Guide to Online Marketing. It cost him around $20,000 or $30,000.
- [04:51] It was a combination of the strongest pieces out there; he made it more detailed, easier to digest, and combined text with infographics to make it more appealing.
- [05:05] A lot of people are doing 10x or 100x content.
- [05:20] Think how you can apply Neil’s techniques to your product or service in your industry.
- [05:52] If you continually create new content on the same topic, Google won’t know which page to rank higher, so they won’t rank them well at all.
- [06:07] Make sure your pages are more detailed and don’t repeat content.
- [06:11] That’s all for today!
- [06:13] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...