In Episode #435, Eric and Neil discuss how to own negative social media comments. Tune in to know just how Eric and Neil handle the criticism and why it helped them improve and grow as professionals in the long run!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Own Negative Social Media Comments
- 00:36 – Neil learned to just ignore negative comments
- 00:55 – Eric ends up helping out the negative commenter
- 02:04 – Some feedback is good feedback that can help you improve
- 02:27 – “When people give you negative feedback, embrace them”
- 03:00 – In the long run, it may influence how you change
- 03:05 – Feedback helps you grow
- 03:20 – Eric shares about a YouTuber who responds to feedback
- 03;49 – Don’t take the feedback personally
- 04:28 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:42 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 04:48 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Negative comments will get to you at first, but you’ll learn to ignore them.
- Take any feedback as constructive criticism that can help you reflect and improve your craft.
- Don’t take negative comments personally, always see the positive in them.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...