In episode #1523, we give you the most important tips for avoiding problems in your business. Your business needs to become a self-sufficient entity that is not dependent on just one person. To this end, it is important to create processes for the things that work and to document the things that do not, so that it can be applied by anyone entering the organization. Tune in to hear how implementing an operating system will help you get a grip on your company!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Prevent Problems in Your Business Before They Happen.
- [00:31] In the early days of business, it feels like you are constantly putting out fires.
- [00:42] When you only attend to the urgent, you neglect what is important.
- [01:05] Create processes for the successful ways of scaling your marketing.
- [01:18] For things that do not work, collect the data for why it didn’t work.
- [01:49] When your business starts growing, follow an operating system like Traction.
- [02:24] An operating system will teach you how to set a cadence for your company each week.
- [02:56] It is about identifying long-term issues and putting solutions in place.
- [03:25] Ask yourself each quarter what you should stop, start, and keep doing.
- [03:49] The importance of making your business defensible.
- [04:08] Try to learn from the mistakes that others have made by reading business books.
- [04:50] Learn from CEO interviews or by joining peer groups.
- [05:24] That’s it for today!
- [05:26] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1538, we are going to talk about if TV ads are still relevant. In today’s day and age, branding, reach, and impressions are vital, and it is so important to try and zag when everybody el...
In episode #1537, we hear about what to do if you if your Facebook ad account gets banned. With new policies, it is easy to get flagged, highlighting the importance of a backup plan. Tune in today to ...
In episode #1536, we cover the often-dreaded cold email. We hear about what makes a good subject line, Neil and Eric’s personal experience sending cold emails and the importance of having a good bod...