In episode #1523, we give you the most important tips for avoiding problems in your business. Your business needs to become a self-sufficient entity that is not dependent on just one person. To this end, it is important to create processes for the things that work and to document the things that do not, so that it can be applied by anyone entering the organization. Tune in to hear how implementing an operating system will help you get a grip on your company!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Prevent Problems in Your Business Before They Happen.
- [00:31] In the early days of business, it feels like you are constantly putting out fires.
- [00:42] When you only attend to the urgent, you neglect what is important.
- [01:05] Create processes for the successful ways of scaling your marketing.
- [01:18] For things that do not work, collect the data for why it didn’t work.
- [01:49] When your business starts growing, follow an operating system like Traction.
- [02:24] An operating system will teach you how to set a cadence for your company each week.
- [02:56] It is about identifying long-term issues and putting solutions in place.
- [03:25] Ask yourself each quarter what you should stop, start, and keep doing.
- [03:49] The importance of making your business defensible.
- [04:08] Try to learn from the mistakes that others have made by reading business books.
- [04:50] Learn from CEO interviews or by joining peer groups.
- [05:24] That’s it for today!
- [05:26] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...