In Episode #273, Eric and Neil discuss how to promote old content without being spammy. Tune in to learn updating tactics that will help you refresh your old content to make it new. Eric and Neil also share how to republish, re-promote, and repurpose your old content to drive more traffic to your site.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Promote Old Content Without Being Spammy
- 00:37 – Eric has been upgrading their past content
- 00:41 – When content is being upgraded, Eric will notify their email list that the content is updated
- 01:01 – Eric might use Facebook ads to communicate this as well
- 01:09 – The content will then be new to people and still relevant
- 01:20 – Neil shares what Brian Dean of Backlinko did
- 01:21 – Brian takes his old content, adds a few paragraphs, makes it better, changes the published date on WordPress so the content will be at the top and fresh
- 01:35 – Brian then promotes it again on social media and it actually works well
- 01:43 – Doing this keeps you getting more views and your rankings and traffic will go up
- 01:58 – Most of what Neil writes on his blogs is evergreen
- 02:13 – Neil re-promotes and repurposes content that is valuable
- 02:21 – “It’s all about value at the end of the day”
- 02:30 – You can use Edgar to continuously promote your post over time
- 02:55 – Some of Marketing School’s episodes are constantly republished, using the right setting
- 03:06 – You don’t need to republish content every month, just once or twice a year is fine
- 03:25 – Marketing School is giving away a free one-year subscription to Alexa, which is an SEO tool
- 03:42 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 03:47 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:02 – Alexa has changed and improved drastically
- 04:43 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You can update your content by adding a few paragraphs of NEW information and it will still be valuable to people.
- Republishing and repurposing your content can drives more and more traffic to your page—including new traffic.
- Consistently promote your content with the right settings and to the right audience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...