In Episode #38 Eric and Neil teach you how to promote a blog post. Whether you have a tight budget or an endless one, one of these plans will help you get people to read your content and share it.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:24 – How to promote a blog post
- 00:43 – In the beginning, 80% of your time should be spent on promotion.
- 01:00 – Find people who have already shared content
- 02:10 – Link out to influencers within the blog post.
- 02:55 – Link out ten times for every 1000 words.
- 03:10 – Linking to companies.
- 03:28 – Paid social ads.
- 04:40 – Figure out how to write amazing headlines
- 06:05 – Build up a group of people that will help promote your content.
- 06:35 – It will give you the initial boost with your posts.
- 07:15 – Meeting people at conferences and build relationships.
- 07:40 – One guy who had a smart strategy reaching out to Eric and Neil.
- 08:10 – Take a look at Gmail advertising.
- 08:35 – A lot of targeting options.
- 08:58 – Two Facebook strategies
- 09:08 – Boosting posts
- 09:23 – Buying page likes
- 09:55 – Not all of your posts will be a hit.
- 10:23 – Be creative and listen to digital marketers about how to boost posts.
- 11:00 – That’s the end of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t make crappy infographics.
- Contact people who shared the original source of your graphic, and invite them to share your design.
- If you use infographics effectively, your site’s rankings will skyrocket.
- Buzzsumo and Twitter – How to find people who have shared certain content
- Facebook and Google – Create paid social ads
- Copyblogger Headline Formulas – Create effective headlines
- Portent Headline Generator – Generate intriguing headlines on any topic
- Gmail advertising – Create extremely targeted ads
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...