In Episode #349, Eric and Neil discuss how to rank #1 in Google. Tune in to learn how you can work your way up to the TOP of the Google search results and why being consistent and thorough with your content can skyrocket your ranking.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Rank #1 in Google
- 00:40 – The two main factors that affect ranking are your content and links
- 00:51 – Building backlinks becomes difficult over time
- 01:09 – Neil was at the SMX Conference and everyone was talking about links
- 01:20 – Neil found out over the years that Google values content more than they do links
- 01:27 – You want to get to Top 10 in the search result for any keyword you want to rank for
- 01:40 – Make sure your content is VERY thorough to get more search traffic in the long run
- 02:00 – Wikipedia is always the top search result for “Abraham Lincoln”
- 02:05 – The content is consistently growing
- 02:24 – Guest posting can also help your ranking and ROI
- 02:53 – Eric has a team that tracks their links using Pitchbox
- 03:23 – You can get a higher domain authority when you base your content on your keywords
- 03:37 – Ranking takes time
- 04:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Content and links are the main factors that account for your search ranking; but, at the end of the day, you should focus more on content.
- Be THOROUGH when you write your content—this will get you to the Top.
- Be patient and just continue to add value; your ranking will increase over time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...