In Episode #349, Eric and Neil discuss how to rank #1 in Google. Tune in to learn how you can work your way up to the TOP of the Google search results and why being consistent and thorough with your content can skyrocket your ranking.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Rank #1 in Google
- 00:40 – The two main factors that affect ranking are your content and links
- 00:51 – Building backlinks becomes difficult over time
- 01:09 – Neil was at the SMX Conference and everyone was talking about links
- 01:20 – Neil found out over the years that Google values content more than they do links
- 01:27 – You want to get to Top 10 in the search result for any keyword you want to rank for
- 01:35 – You can use the Keyword Density Tool by SEObook
- 01:40 – Make sure your content is VERY thorough to get more search traffic in the long run
- 02:00 – Wikipedia is always the top search result for “Abraham Lincoln”
- 02:05 – The content is consistently growing
- 02:24 – Guest posting can also help your ranking and ROI
- 02:53 – Eric has a team that tracks their links using Pitchbox
- 03:23 – You can get a higher domain authority when you base your content on your keywords
- 03:37 – Ranking takes time
- 04:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Content and links are the main factors that account for your search ranking; but, at the end of the day, you should focus more on content.
- Be THOROUGH when you write your content—this will get you to the Top.
- Be patient and just continue to add value; your ranking will increase over time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...