In Episode #399, Eric and Neil discuss how to rank a 10-page website. Tune in to learn how you can slowly gain traction in spite of only having a few pages by placing massive emphasis on the quality of those 10 pages.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Rank a 10-Page Website
- 00:40 – Neil picked 10 pages because a lot of people have small websites
- 00:45 – A 500-page website is easier to rank
- 00:56 – The more text you have on the page, the more likely you are to rank
- 01:03 – A 10-page website can still rank but it will never get as much traffic as a Wikipedia
- 01:10 – A small website should focus on link building and outreach
- 01:14 – Make sure your content is detailed and thorough
- 01:18 – Brian Dean of Backlinko started with only a handful of pages website
- 01:33 – The quality of his content is high
- 02:00 – Review Skyscraper Technique
- 02:10 – Groove HQ and Help Scout both started at the bottom
- 02:19 – Look at linkable assets
- 02:48 – “Look for a spin that can work out there”
- 02:59 – Slowly expand when your website starts getting traffic
- 03:14 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:01 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:14 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- People who have small websites can still rank their websites, but their websites will never have the traffic of the big players.
- Create detailed, high-quality content that will solidify your website.
- As your website gains traffic, add more pages—grow it in a controlled, consistent way that you can manage.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....