In Episode #399, Eric and Neil discuss how to rank a 10-page website. Tune in to learn how you can slowly gain traction in spite of only having a few pages by placing massive emphasis on the quality of those 10 pages.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Rank a 10-Page Website
- 00:40 – Neil picked 10 pages because a lot of people have small websites
- 00:45 – A 500-page website is easier to rank
- 00:56 – The more text you have on the page, the more likely you are to rank
- 01:03 – A 10-page website can still rank but it will never get as much traffic as a Wikipedia
- 01:10 – A small website should focus on link building and outreach
- 01:14 – Make sure your content is detailed and thorough
- 01:18 – Brian Dean of Backlinko started with only a handful of pages website
- 01:33 – The quality of his content is high
- 02:00 – Review Skyscraper Technique
- 02:10 – Groove HQ and Help Scout both started at the bottom
- 02:19 – Look at linkable assets
- 02:48 – “Look for a spin that can work out there”
- 02:59 – Slowly expand when your website starts getting traffic
- 03:14 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:01 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:14 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- People who have small websites can still rank their websites, but their websites will never have the traffic of the big players.
- Create detailed, high-quality content that will solidify your website.
- As your website gains traffic, add more pages—grow it in a controlled, consistent way that you can manage.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...