In Episode #201, Eric and Neil discuss how to rank for head terms. Tune in to know if the head terms and long-tail terms you are using are ranking well. Also, find out how easy it is for Google to read and rank your head terms.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Rank for Head Terms
- 00:35 – Head terms are 1 or 2 keywords or a phrase like: shoes, basketball shoes, running shoes
- 01:18 – Long-tail terms are three or more keyword phrases like “gray Nike running shoes”
- 01:36 – To rank for head terms, first look at your external links; the more that people link to you, the better
- 01:45 – “The sites with the highest domain authority tend to do well in ranking head terms”
- 01:53 – Second is brand queries; the more people type in your brand name, the more likely you are to rank
- 02:04 – If your term is the head term itself, it is easier to rank
- 02:30 – Read the case study of Glen Allsopp of ViperChill
- 02:36 – Glen studied a group of companies who linked to each other internally
- 02:50 – Glen called out Condé Nast
- 04:17 – Your content page should be in-depth and thorough
- 04:42 – Use the software, Market Muse
- 04:58 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The sites with the highest domain authority tend to do well in ranking head terms.
- If your term is the head term itself, it is easier to rank.
- Make sure your content page is thorough and in-depth, making it easier for Google to rank the head terms.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...