In episode #690, Eric and Neil discuss how you can rank higher on Google without using SEO. Tune in to hear why optimizing user experience is key.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Rank Higher on Google (Without Doing SEO)
- [00:58] Check out Google Rank Brain.
- [01:10] There are backlinks, etc. but there is an ultimate factor that tells Google a result is relevant.
- [01:40] When you’re looking at user experience, bounce rate, etc., that is the ultimate signal that the result is relevant.
- [02:07] User experience is one of the most important aspects of a website. Optimize user experience.
- [02:20] Try UserTesting or UsabilityHub to examine your site.
- [02:45] Nothing beats talking to your users and hearing what they like and don’t like.
- [03:00] Once you have a big enough sample size, you can improve your site and rankings based on the solid amount of feedback.
- [03:25] If you are also trying to optimize for load times, try using GTMetrix to see how your site fares.
- [03:40] Eric’s site takes 10 seconds to load on mobile devices, which is far too long and it needs to be optimized.
- [04:15] When optimizing for usability, you need to test twice: once for desktops and another time for mobile devices.
- [04:30] You shouldn’t have separate mobile and desktop versions, just one killer site that works for everything.
- [05:15] Even if someone has an LTE or 4G phone, does not guarantee fast connections at all times.
- [05:36] When optimizing for user experience, make sure you’re running A/B tests.
- [05:58] Neil tested the pop-ups on his site and how it affected user experience on mobile and desktop.
- [06:27] That’s it for today!
- [06:33] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....