In episode #1051, we discuss how you can rank higher than Wikipedia. Tune in to hear how you can be one of the top-ranking search results.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Rank Higher Than Wikipedia
- [01:10] When doing keyword research, if Eric sees Wikipedia as one of the top results, he knows he can compete.
- [01:30] He follows the skyscraper technique to beat out Wikipedia and others at the top.
- [02:40] Backlinko ranks well, because his posts are high-quality.
- [03:45] Trying to compete with news sites will be the ultimate challenge. You can’t beat them.
- [04:15] Neil recommends updating your content whenever you get traction.
- [04:55] You’ll have a much better shot at beating Wikipedia if you combine a bunch of techniques (skyscraper, internal linking, etc.).
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:15] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...