In episode #1051, we discuss how you can rank higher than Wikipedia. Tune in to hear how you can be one of the top-ranking search results.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Rank Higher Than Wikipedia
- [01:10] When doing keyword research, if Eric sees Wikipedia as one of the top results, he knows he can compete.
- [01:30] He follows the skyscraper technique to beat out Wikipedia and others at the top.
- [02:40] Backlinko ranks well, because his posts are high-quality.
- [03:45] Trying to compete with news sites will be the ultimate challenge. You can’t beat them.
- [04:15] Neil recommends updating your content whenever you get traction.
- [04:55] You’ll have a much better shot at beating Wikipedia if you combine a bunch of techniques (skyscraper, internal linking, etc.).
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:15] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...