In episode #1051, we discuss how you can rank higher than Wikipedia. Tune in to hear how you can be one of the top-ranking search results.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Rank Higher Than Wikipedia
- [01:10] When doing keyword research, if Eric sees Wikipedia as one of the top results, he knows he can compete.
- [01:30] He follows the skyscraper technique to beat out Wikipedia and others at the top.
- [02:40] Backlinko ranks well, because his posts are high-quality.
- [03:45] Trying to compete with news sites will be the ultimate challenge. You can’t beat them.
- [04:15] Neil recommends updating your content whenever you get traction.
- [04:55] You’ll have a much better shot at beating Wikipedia if you combine a bunch of techniques (skyscraper, internal linking, etc.).
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:15] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...